Saturday, October 15, 2005

It's wearisome feeling weary all day - my own fault, went to bed too late because of sorting out blogs and zip drive research.

If I was following in the footsteps of the radio blogger - the last episode was broadcast today - (see earlier posts) I would be soaring out of blogs into the unknown. As I am not treading in those steps, I won't be disappearing from view, so-to-speak.

"I'll be alright at home on my own", the confident words of a 16 year old who has chosen to leave her parents to their own devices. I saw her enjoying retail therapy today; her rushed acceptance of the invitation to call by, following a quick impromptu light lunch suggested a certain social need from the silent, solo existence of the house. The afternoon's entertainment was well used. Other possibilities that were put to her, with provisos, were also snapped up. Her 'independence' has just begun, at least another six days to go...

Guilt is an odd emotion, especially when there really is nothing to feel guilty for. 'I should have been there' or 'why wasn't I there'or 'why didn't I do such and such' in those cases, its as if you are willing yourself to have the gift of the seer, thought transference, even osmosis. Even if you are on hand, in the majority of instances it wouldn't change anything from occurring though it might ease the passage of events. Then again, it might not. It's a blinkin awful conundrum.

I have yet to see Pride and Prejudice, the film, I have read the book, watched it on TV but the big screen version has so far eluded me. It looks like Wallace & Grommit might be going the same way. So far, every arrangement made has had to be aborted. I'll keep working on it. If it wasn't for the guilt trip, I would pop off to the cinema and get on with the fun.

No comments: