Monday, February 02, 2015

THE RETAILER'S END GAME

A-Gift-of-Carrots-1-Wb

Why do head office administrators of shops to which I give my custom feel they have the freedom  to use my custom to bombard me with services I do not want.  Where I live choices are very limited and you have to operate with what is available.  We have three chain stores. None ‘super’ by today’s supermarket standards elsewhere.  Bar this limitation, I would demonstrate my displeasure with this chain by voting with my feet.

I can live with getting information on special offers in store. I can live with finding non food items in a small general food store, such as small electrical goods, socks for kids and  men. There are ladies tights, oh, and refrigerators.  When in need, it is surprising how useful these things  can be, especially when other little local shops are closed.   As a matter of fact, I do not mind receiving emails of whatever the week’s offers might be in the shop.  However, I do balk at getting emails by the retailer asking me to allow the retailer to make my last will and testament!

 






 


Two services for which we do have a sufficiency of choice are, solicitors and funeral directors.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They seem intent on trying to sell everything to everybody, which of course many of us don't want them to do. Flighty xx

Vincent said...

Would this be the Co-op, by any chance? They run a funeral service too, & might see some advantage in signing customers up for both.

Snowbird said...

Good grief!!! The bloomin' cheek...not exactly inspiring is it? I've noticed lot's of ads on the news for the over-fifties to make a will and take out life insurance....I feel like throwing a cushion at the t.v!xxx

ZACL said...

Hello Mr F,

There is something bald and brassy about advertising for death business by email retail flyer.

XX

ZACL said...

Hi Vincent,

The Co-op do have an extensive funeral service and from experience, I would say that their front of house arrangements would merit great exposure in Fawlty Towers.

Touting for end of life business in a food shop email flyer is gross.

ZACL said...

Yes Snowbird,

Our end of life and deaths are big business, we're the baby boomers, 'go get and grab' is the business model it seems.

xxx