By comparison with my escapades fitting RAM into my desktop, repeating the same upgrade exercise with my laptop was a doddle. I earthed myself to the radiator again, though the directions for the job were not so fussy about the need for it. As I was taught to use an ati-static wrist strap for such jobs, I did it. You should not use any screwdriver that is magnetic. Darn! That is exactly what we had. Luckily, we found another cross-head screwdriver that seemed okay, it was the right size and I got on with the job.
There I was releasing the base, gaily unscrewing the miniature screws; the first one rolled out onto the table and was promptly put into the safety of a container; the second one held on to the screwdriver head. Oh no! The screwdriver head was fine, the holder was not....it was magnetic. A fine instrument driver body was alright, great for an instrument technician which, I am not.
Nothing for it but carry on. Hope springs eternal ...and 'hope' worked. Everything worked and with a zippy new lease of life.
You know what, I spent more time gazing at the components under 'the lid' than swapping the memory; the size of the components were dainty and the layout was fascinating. It was a real work of art.
Histoire de France - Sarko-caïne
1 hour ago