Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Sat Nav Tyranny

Hmm, I have just remembered why I hate updating my sat nav.  Not only do I have to keep the app open, come what may,  it also takes a hell of a time to download and update. 

This time the download started off  with 27 minutes to go. I looked in on progress regularly.  Then...... ***!!!
The screensaver and sleep mode had kicked in.

  • So - the machine is now set never to go into standby in  any shape or form.
  • "Do not disconnect your device" I am commanded. 
  • At least it did not close down and corrupt the satnav, thank goodness.
  • There are now 37 minutes to go.  Thirty-seven!
  • Where did the extra ten minutes come from and why? Grrrrr...
I'm creeping off, trusting the whole thing does what it should do without continuing intensive care from me.



3 comments:

Snowbird said...

Oh dear.....these apps can be cranky, it's best not to anger them! I haven't tried sat nav yet...I wonder if it's taking you a longer route?xxx

ZACL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZACL said...

Hi Snowbird,

The satnav took me to a golf course at night. It was determined I shoul drive through locked gates onto the course. I was equally as determined not to!

The download completed. Ihaven't tested it out yet.
Xx